Dry hair tends to cause a lot of problems as they need constant care and concern. And since most of the hair care products available in the market are way too expensive and loaded with side-effects causing chemicals, it is best to go natural. Honey, is one of the most widely used and trusted products that works wonders when it comes to hair care. Filled with the goodness of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals, honey is the best natural hair mask that can revitalize damaged and dry hair. Here are few home remedies for dry hair using honey in hair masks and packs.
HONEY AND OLIVE OIL MASK
Both honey and olive oil are excellent substitutes for expensive chemicals that fail to nourish dry hair. Honey works as an antibacterial agent that combined with olive oil conditions the hair roots and follicles extensively. This mask also keeps the scalp healthy and fresh and improves blood circulation.
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Few drops of lemon juice
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients together and make a smooth paste
- Apply this pack on hair strands and gently massage on the scalp for 10-15 minutes
- Leave it on for 30-45 minutes and wash off with cold water followed by a mild shampoo
- Repeat the process at least twice a month to get positive results
2. BANANA AND HONEY HAIR MASK
One of the best hair care tips is to combine banana and honey to add natural softness and shine to dry hair. Banana works as a moisturizer and boosts hair elasticity. The tropical fruit has natural oils along with vitamins and iron that nourish the hair strands and roots extensively.
- 1 cup honey (medium sized)
- 1 mashed banana
- In a bowl take a ripe banana and mash it with the help of a spoon.
- To the mashed banana, add a cup of honey and mix the ingredients together, forming a paste.
- Wet the hair and apply the mask all over the scalp, gently rubbing for 5-10 minutes and thereafter all over the strands and roots.
- Let it sit for 30-40 minutes and wash off with cold or lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process at least weekly.
3. HONEY AND EGG HAIR MASK
Egg is filled with protein that is best for those wondering how to stop hair fall. Protein present in egg tightens and strengthens the hair roots, while honey moisturizes them, making them look strong and healthy.
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a bowl break an egg and whisk it properly.
- Add two tablespoons honey to it and mix properly.
- Apply on the hair strands and scalp, gently rubbing and leave it on for at least an hour.
- Wash off the hair with a mild shampoo
- Repeat the process at least twice a month for best results.
4. COCONUT OIL AND HONEY MASK
Coconut oil is one of the best ingredients that naturally boost hair health. It has extensive anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that keep the scalp moisturised and healthy. Alongside, coconut hair oil adds volume and bounce to the hair and along with honey it aids in increasing shine and thickness of dry hair.
- 1 tablespoon Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients
- Warm the paste and apply on the scalp and hair strands and gently massage for 5-10 minutes till it is absorbed completely.
- Let the mask sit on for another 30-40 minutes and thereafter wash off with a mild shampoo
- Repeat the process weekly
5. HONEY AND HIBISCUS MASK
Hibiscus is known for their hair treating properties, providing a healthy growth and shine. Along with honey, hibiscus moisturizes the dry hair and makes them smooth and soft.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 hibiscus flowers
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients and make a smooth paste
- Apply the paste on the hair strands and leave it on for 40-45 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process weekly for best results
Read more on how to remove dandruff, how to get long hair as well as home remedies for thicker hair.