You call it Moong dal mangode, Moong dal bhajiya or Moong Dal Pakoda- it’s all the same! With pitter- patter rains, we Indian love to enjoy some delicious, crispy and deep-fried snack. What better can you think than the Moong Dal Pakoda that is known for its texture and flavor?
Let’s Check Moong Dal Pakoda Recipe
How To Make Moong Dal Pakoda
Soaking time: 3-4 hours
Cooking Time: 12 mins
Makes 4 servings
Also Read: Gujarati Dahi Kadhi Recipe
Ingredients List For Moong Dal Pakoda
- 1 Cup Of Split Yellow Moong Dal
- 2 Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste
Method To Make Easy Moong Dal Pakoda
- Soak the cleaned and washed moong dal for about 3-4 hours.
- Wash, Drain and grind it coarsely. You can use 2tbsp water if needed.
- Add chopped green chillies, Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste, turmeric, salt and coriander powder to the yellow moong dal paste.
- Mix it well.
- In a deep pan heat the oil and drop the mixture using a spoon or fingers.
- Fry few pakodas at one single time on a medium flame.
- Let it cook till they get golden brown in colour.
- Do the same for remaining moong dal batter to make pakodas.
- Serve hot with sauce, meetha chutney or green chutney.
Enjoy this crispy, yummy yet healthy food preparation with the rainy views of outside!